I'm here to give you easy steps to make a bootable USB without doing manual stuff. You just have to follow the below mentioned steps in order to prepare a bootable USB.
Steps to prepare a bootable USB using Rufus software
- Make sure you don't have any important data stored on your USB drive, because your USB will be formatted in this process. I recommend you to use a 8 GB USB.
- Now, First of all you need is an Image file of the operating system you need to install on the device. Image file contains .iso, .img, .bin, .daa, .mdf etc. extensions.
- Now, you've to download Rufus software (size less than 1 MB!).
- After you download this software, you don't even need to install it at all. Just run it as administrator.
- Connect your USB to device and then you can able to see your USB selected in Rufus software. (If not automatically selected, then select it manually)
- After selecting your USB, you only have to change 1 setting and keep all other settings as it is. You've to change the setting to ISO Image as mentioned in the below image.
- After selecting ISO Image option, you've to provide the path where the ISO Image file is situated in your device. You only have to browse that ISO file as mentioned in the image below.
- After selecting the ISO Image file of your operating system, click on "Start" to start the process of making Bootable USB.
- Once again, make sure that you don't have any important data on your USB drive because it'll be erased in this process. They'll warn you that all data will be destroyed, press "OK".
- After pressing "OK", it'll start it's process automatically. Now you've to wait till the process complete. Generally, it may take near about 10 minutes according to your system. Sometimes, it may also take 20-30 minutes if you're using slower systems and it also depends on the ISO Image file size. After the process completes, you can able to see "DONE" at lower left corner as mentioned in image below..
- Now go to system tray and select "Safely Remove Hardware" and select your USB there and then eject your USB. Now you're done.
- Now you have a bootable USB and you can install any Windows OS on any windows platform device with good speed.
If you are still having problems, put your problems in comment, we'll try to solve it as soon as possible.
Rufus Software is a Open Source project. They're providing this software for free to all.
Home Page : https://rufus.akeo.ie/